Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thank you FGM!!!



Wowzers...guess what? Today I got a package from my wonderful FGM (thats fairy god mother to all of you non-ville members). I have been waiting on a small package from ebay, and was surprised to say the least when my box contained not my $1.99 spool of thread, but a bunch of yarn. I just cant wait to get my hook into it and make something...anything. It is so great. How could she have known that a big box of goodies is just what the doctor ordered. Thank you so much. She sent



2 skeins if moda dea fur ever in blue heaven


1 skein of yarn bee boucle in ocean mix


1 skein of caron perfect match in country basket ombre


1 skein of caron perfect match in bue teal ombre


1 skein of sugar n cream in creamsicle


and


a leisure arts dishcloth pattern book




Of all of these the part that touched me the most was the lovely card she sent. It read,

J******,

I hope you enjoy your
box of surprises. I read
your blog + am very
impressed with the choices
you've made at such a
young age - keep it up!
Life is never easy + is
always full of sacrifices -
no matter which road we
choose there are plenty
of "what ifs". Kiss your
handsome baby boy for
me - he's a doll!
:)
I have no idea who you are, but this next part is all for you...
Thank you, you really have no idea what those words mean to me. It is great to hear that from someone older than me, as I am so used to hearing the opposite from my parents and the like. When I got pregnant I heard that my child should have been aborted. When I decided to get married I heard that I was too young and should be "acting my age and playing the field". When I stopped going to school because I decided that it was more important for me to stay home with my son I heard that I was throwing my life away for a mistake. When I told them we were buying a house I heard that it would all be useless when we got a divorce in the next few years. I am young and sometimes my age works against me, but all decisions I make are the ones that I feel would be best for my husband, my son, and myself. Your one card has served to give me the strength to continue to do what I feel is right. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.
Ok, lol, time to wipe away the tears and get back to reality. The boy is screaming, and dinner is waiting. I hope everyone has a mice day. ttfn!!!

Posted by ME at 10:49 AM

c0mments!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------