Since everyone in the whole blogging world does wordles wednesdays...I figured i would be different this week (plus, I don't feel like searching through my millions of pics to find one)
So now, instead, I bring to you Weird Wednesdays...check it out, its fun and kinda cute.
1. Would you rather join the Ghostbusters to hunt ghosts or join the Sesame Street bunch? Why? I would rather join the Sesame Street Bunch...Big ass puppets freak me out...but ghosts do it even more...Think of it as the lesser of two evils.
2. What is the most you are willing to do to get out of a police officer giving you a ticket? Maybe flash him some cleavage, or pull a Jill taylor ala Home Improvement, and peek over the back of the seat with a short skirt...I'd get my ass chewed when I got home for flirting, but not as much as if i brought home a shiny new speeding ticket (because invariably, thats what my ticket would be for).
3. What popular movies do you find to be overrated? I like the Harry Potter movies, but waiting outside all night is absolutely ridiculous...the movie will be playing tomorrow...Or better yet, just play hooky and go during a week day between like 10 and 2...believe me, no one is at the theatre then...Also, some movies that win awards, like American Beauty, Brokeback Mountain and the countless others that follow in those footsteps. Good movies, but don't tell me I'm gonna wanna smack my momma after I see it, cause if I don't get a momma smacking hankering...I'm gonna smak you.
4. What is in (and/or on) your bedside table? On it are tons of dishes and chapsticks...in it, nothing, everything that was in it is now either packed in a box, or on the floor...I'm such a good housewife... :-\
5. Have you ever had or fantasized about having sex with a boss before? Have you ever acted on that fantasy? Tee Hee Hee...no. All of my bosses have been women, older women, older women with bad breath...not sexy at all, but the loss management guy at the last job was a hottie, does he count...?
6. If you had a personal assistant, what would you have them do? She'd (or he, I don't discriminate) would be my best friend...we would spend all day together, and i'd make them go with me to the movies. I like doing the little meaningless things in my life...Without those I'd have nothing.
7. Have you ever faked static, loss of cell phone reception or anything else on the telephone line to get out of a conversation? Ha, I sure have...I think it is so rude to hang up on people...but not so much when my "phone does it" for me. And, if you have ever gotten tons of static from my phone and then gotten the clicky...It wasn't me, I do it to everyone but you...he he he.
I was told recently by both my mom and my mom-in-law that we need to start making p's christmas list so they know what to get him. I have no idea what to get him. I am so confused. Luckily he still plays with about 75% of the toys we got him last year for Christmas...and he still gets new toys all the time...(thats what you get when you are an only child of two only children.)
I am writing because I am sure some of you mom's out there have gotten your kids toys that they hated and toys that they love. Don't you wish some one had told you that that toy was crap, or that this other one would be a lifesaver... well then you should do just that...Let me know what toys stand out in your mind...This is your time to come on out of lurking and introduce yourselves...(come on...someone be there please). I'll start... My son got this laptop for X-mas last year and can now identify about 10-15 letters by both the letter name and the name of the object that the letter starts with (apple for A). He will play with it for hours at a time and I'll often hear him behind me repeating the sayings.."I..ih ih igloo." He can easily switch between the 4 different game modes, but some are a little too advanced for him, like moving the mouse to chase the letter...hes not all that interested in that. He loves the songs and he has learned alot from this little toy.
Have you ever noticed that when you live in a tourist city, you never do the things that are considered the main attractions for that city. For example, I grew up in San Diego, but I can count on my hands the number of times I went to the San Diego Zoo, the Wild Animal Park and Sea World. It's a shame, and now that I live in Atlanta, I have never visited any of the civil rights monuments, i have never been to the zoo, or any of the millions of museums that Atlanta is famous for. In an effort to resolve this, my husband and i decided to take our son to the Brand New Georgia Aquarium (and it didn't hurt that we got free tickets) :-)
Hey everyone. I am back. I thought before that maybe I had outgrown this blog, but to my surprise, even after I started a new one, I still didn't want to post to it.
I have been so busy in the last few months. I dont even know where to start. Most people say lets start at the beginning, but I am going to start at the end. Today.... Well, actually last night. first, let me preface this by saying, the old saying of you can take the people out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the people is absolutely true. When we first moved to this complex it was nice, quiet, and a place where we felt we could comfortably live. Two years later and the place is horrible. A while back they started advertising for section 8 housing, (which is a good thing to the millions of people who need it, as long as they don't live near me.) and since then the apartment has turned into a virtual revolving door of contestnats playing "who can be more ghetto?" it started with the new downstairs neighbor playing his car radio as loud as it could go right outside of my son's room at 3 in the morning. When I asked him if he could turn it down or off, he replied, "Maybe I can, maybe I can't" (hmmmmm...asshole....).....and it ended last night, with us coming home to find broken glass on our bed.....hmm...I'll explain.
About a month back someone broke into our apartment and after walking all over our home, decided that the only thing they wanted was my husband's video game collection. Luckily thats all they took, but still, there was someone in my home, who took something from me....grrrr...so imagine my terrified-ness (is that a word?...not sure...but anyway) when we get home to find glass on our bed. Well, I notice our window is broken after a while (give me a break...black girls can be blond too) and think that THEY have come back, except, the hole is up towards the top of the window and it doesn't make any sense why someone would break it up there...My husband thought it was because the police found some of the stuff at a pawn shop...and therefore had the pawner's (another non word?) name and he was thinking that maybe they arrested the guy and it was a friend's revenge....but like I said it didnt make any sense...Well anyway, I cleaned up the whole bed and the room and got the glass up and told Husband I would call the leasing office in the morning.
So, this morning, I wake up and just to reassure myself, go out onto our balcony to see if there is any obvious evidence (oh yes, did i mention that we live on the third floor and the way they broke in before was to climb up my balcony? No...? Well yes, apparently our intruders were part man, part monkey.) So anyway, I go out to see, and I notice a hole opposite the broken window. Hmm, hole...I wonder what this could be....I peek through the hole...clean through to the other side.....hmmm.....I wonder...then it hits me. A BULLET CAME THROUGH MY WINDOW LAST NIGHT!!!! I doubt it was intentional, but this is even scarier...this means that a stray bullet came through my window, and the odd thing is, the hole in the wall on the balcony is my head height, and the broken glass section is my husband's head height...What if one of us had been home, standing in that area...We could have been shot. This is aboslutely terrifying for me. Luckily we are trying to buy a house, and should hear something back by monday or tuesday, but still, how can I live in a house that I really don't feel safe in anymore?
Well, this got to be longer than I expected...so i'll save the rest for later, including (...but not limited to) our house woes, my son's b-day party(complete with pics), and much more.