Sunday, September 21, 2008

I couldn't stay away...

Hey everyone. I am back. I thought before that maybe I had outgrown this blog, but to my surprise, even after I started a new one, I still didn't want to post to it.

I have been so busy in the last few months. I dont even know where to start. Most people say lets start at the beginning, but I am going to start at the end. Today.... Well, actually last night. first, let me preface this by saying, the old saying of you can take the people out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the people is absolutely true. When we first moved to this complex it was nice, quiet, and a place where we felt we could comfortably live. Two years later and the place is horrible. A while back they started advertising for section 8 housing, (which is a good thing to the millions of people who need it, as long as they don't live near me.) and since then the apartment has turned into a virtual revolving door of contestnats playing "who can be more ghetto?" it started with the new downstairs neighbor playing his car radio as loud as it could go right outside of my son's room at 3 in the morning. When I asked him if he could turn it down or off, he replied, "Maybe I can, maybe I can't" (hmmmmm...asshole....).....and it ended last night, with us coming home to find broken glass on our bed.....hmm...I'll explain.

About a month back someone broke into our apartment and after walking all over our home, decided that the only thing they wanted was my husband's video game collection. Luckily thats all they took, but still, there was someone in my home, who took something from me....grrrr...so imagine my terrified-ness (is that a word?...not sure...but anyway) when we get home to find glass on our bed. Well, I notice our window is broken after a while (give me a break...black girls can be blond too) and think that THEY have come back, except, the hole is up towards the top of the window and it doesn't make any sense why someone would break it up there...My husband thought it was because the police found some of the stuff at a pawn shop...and therefore had the pawner's (another non word?) name and he was thinking that maybe they arrested the guy and it was a friend's revenge....but like I said it didnt make any sense...Well anyway, I cleaned up the whole bed and the room and got the glass up and told Husband I would call the leasing office in the morning.

So, this morning, I wake up and just to reassure myself, go out onto our balcony to see if there is any obvious evidence (oh yes, did i mention that we live on the third floor and the way they broke in before was to climb up my balcony? No...? Well yes, apparently our intruders were part man, part monkey.) So anyway, I go out to see, and I notice a hole opposite the broken window. Hmm, hole...I wonder what this could be....I peek through the hole...clean through to the other side.....hmmm.....I wonder...then it hits me. A BULLET CAME THROUGH MY WINDOW LAST NIGHT!!!! I doubt it was intentional, but this is even scarier...this means that a stray bullet came through my window, and the odd thing is, the hole in the wall on the balcony is my head height, and the broken glass section is my husband's head height...What if one of us had been home, standing in that area...We could have been shot. This is aboslutely terrifying for me. Luckily we are trying to buy a house, and should hear something back by monday or tuesday, but still, how can I live in a house that I really don't feel safe in anymore?

Well, this got to be longer than I expected...so i'll save the rest for later, including (...but not limited to) our house woes, my son's b-day party(complete with pics), and much more.

Posted by ME at 7:21 AM

c0mments!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------