Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Man in the Glass

Wow, I went to my Cousin-in-law's (is that right, lol) high school graduation tonight. It was very nice, much larger than my graduating class. A very large 329. Wow. The most remarkable thing about the whole evening is that I couldn't stop thinking about my own high school graduation. It happened only four short years ago, but so much has changed. It is very strange. I wonder where those people will be in four years.

I wonder how many will be married, how many will have children, and how many will be trying to buy a new house? Will they be happy? If only they could see what road lies ahead. What choices will they make differently, what choices will remain the same?

Will they be happy in the end with what they have become, will they be happy in the road they chose to get there? The valedictorian said it best when she quoted a poem called "The Guy in the Glass." She said,

"You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years, and get pats on the back as you pass, but your final seconds will be heartache and tears, if you've cheated the man in the glass."

I don't think she could have said it better. Look back at your high school graduation. All in all, would the man in the glass be proud or disappointed in what you have become? I will gracefully decline to answer. ttyl!!!

Labels:

Posted by ME at 11:33 PM

c1mments!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------