Thursday, May 10, 2007

I think I have termites.......

Recently I read a book called Don't make a black woman take off her earrings, by Tyler Perry. In it he speaks about people and their relationships with you. He says that people will come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. It is up to you to determine which ones they are. he uses the metaphor of a tree (you are the trunk, and everyone is around you...I will paraphrase as best as I can without using the book:


He says that some people are like the leaves...You know they are there...
And you know that they will give you what you need (shade) when you
need it most...but in the end you will realize that they are only in your
life to take from you. And that as soon as it gets a little cold or rough they
are outta there.


And then there are the people that are like the branches. They are a little
bit more constant than the leaves...You can even put a little bit of trust
and responsibility in them. The thing with branches is that they give you
a false sense of security. They let you confide in them, trust them, lean
on them...but one day, when you least expect it, without any warning...
They break, leaving you vulnerable and incomplete.


Next you have your roots...Your roots are strong, they build the tree up,
they never take any nutrients from the tree, but put everything they have
into helping the tree grow taller and stronger. A tree can not live without
its roots, and a roots are unimportant without the tree. The roots don't
have to be seen...but everyone knows they are there...This is the person
who is thee for your no matter what. A best friend, a spouse, a parent...
Anyone who fills that description.




The biggest question I had to ask myself was what people in my life were my leaves, my branches, and my roots... We all have them...and we all can fill all of those descriptions in someone else's life. Its only human, to be flawed...and to have flawed people in our lives. the key to living this life is to know when you are someone elses leaves, branches, or trunk. Today was a hot day...so this is a blog to make me think...and you also...Thanks...




TTYL

Labels: ,

Posted by ME at 10:18 PM

c2mments!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------